History of the HGS department
Department of Hydro-Gas Systems was founded in April 1958 with the reorganization of the Department of Aeromechanics, Hydraulics and Aircraft Design of the Kyiv Institute of Civil Aviation Fleet. The name of the department was eventually transformed as follows:
1958 — 1975 — Department of Hydraulics, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Devices of Aircraft;
1975 — 2001 — Chair of Hydro-Gas Systems of Aircraft;
since 2001 — Chair of Hydrogen Gas Systems.